Author Topic: Deveca Rose: Mother, 29, is charged with manslaughter after horror blaze ....  (Read 1102 times)

Lost Soul

• View Profile
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12846977/mother-charged-manslaughter-blaze-killed-four-children-Sutton.html

Deveca Rose: Mother, 29, is charged with manslaughter after horror blaze which killed her four children in Sutton when they were left home alone

Deveca Rose has been charged with manslaughter and child abandonment
     Leyton and Logan, three, and Kyson and Bryson Hoath, four, died in 2021

By Emily Jane Davies

Published: 10:30, 10 December 2023 | Updated: 15:55, 10 December 2023

A mother has been charged with manslaughter in connection with a fire which killed her four children.  Deveca Rose, 29, has been charged with manslaughter and child abandonment following the tragic death of the two sets of twins.  Leyton and Logan Hoath, aged three, and Kyson and Bryson Hoath, aged four, were home alone when a blaze ripped through their Sutton home in December 2021, killing all four.  The inferno tore through the ground floor of the house, overwhelming the four boys with dense smoke.  The children were pulled from the blaze by firefighters but tragically could not be saved and were pronounced dead at hospital.  More than 60 firefighters in eight engines raced to the 'intense' blaze and took 90 minutes to bring it under control.  The Met Police confirmed Rose was charged on Thursday with four counts of manslaughter and child abandonment.  She will appear at Croydon Magistrates' Court on Monday, 11 December.  The police said in a statement: 'Officers understand the significant impact on the local community following this devastating incident, and they would like to reassure people that this extremely complex investigation continues, supported by partner agencies including the Crown Prosecution Service and London Fire Brigade.'

Rose previously spoke of her anguish of having to live without her sons, telling The Times: 'Bryson, Kyson, Logan and Leyton were my boys, they were my babies, they were my life, they were my world.  They were my heart, they were my soul, they were everything. Everything feels so surreal. I can't function.'

Rose said her four sons loved school, dancing, playing in the park and being with their family.  She added: 'I can't get over it, I'll never get over it. They lit up everybody's world and I will always be sorry that they went so soon.  They had so much planned and now they're gone. I wake up and I look at their Christmas tree and I look at their clothes, their Liverpool [football] kit, their Cocomelon dressing gowns, their drawings.'

The devastated father of the twin boys, Dalton Hoath, 28, had said they were 'bright, caring, loveable boys but most of all sons, brothers, grandsons, great-grandsons, nephews and cousins.'

He said in a statement at the time: 'We would like to thank all the emergency services who did so much to try and save our boys, and also the local community who have come together at this difficult time.  I would ask that my family are given time to grieve in private.  They will be forever in my heart and thoughts, love Dad.'

The grandfather of the boys added: 'It's all the more heartbreaking because their presents were all piled under the tree ready for them'.

A makeshift shrine of flowers, balloons, toys and football scarves were piled up outside the burnt-out terrace house after the two sets of twins died.

PippaJane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Horrific :(