Author Topic: Boy, 4, dies suddenly after going to bedroom to watch TV leaving mum heartbroke  (Read 2315 times)

Cocopops

• View Profile
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-4-dies-suddenly-after-21924705?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=EM_Mirror_Nletter_DailyNews_News_smallteaser_Image_Story6&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter

Boy, 4, dies suddenly after going to bedroom to watch TV leaving mum heartbroken

David George had been out playing in the garden in Glasgow with his brother and sister before passing away on April 15. He went indoors earlier than the others to watch his favourite film

By Lynn Love & Chiara Fiorillo

10:30, 25 APR 2020Updated10:31, 25 APR 2020

A mum has told of her heartbreak after her four-year-old son died suddenly after going to his bedroom to watch TV.  David George, of Royston Road, Glasgow, had been out playing in the garden with his brother and sister Kian, 7, and Bonnie, 5, before passing away on April 15.  He went indoors earlier than the others because he wanted to watch his favourite film, Transformers, the Daily Record reports.  Dad Ian George, 51, who later went to check on his little boy, found him unconscious on his bed at around 4 pm and immediately called 999 before trying to revive him.  Despite the efforts of paramedics and doctors who tried to save him, David, who had no underlying health conditions, was tragically pronounced dead shortly after arriving at Glasgow Children's Hospital.  The family was devastated when doctors said David had died of sudden unexpected death in childhood after falling asleep.  Mum Debbie Park, 38, said: "He closed his eyes and went to heaven. He wasn't in pain and hadn't been unwell. He just died with no warning or reason.  We're heartbroken. Absolutely devastated. I don't know how I'll carry on without him.  He was my baby. I just want him back. I'd do anything to have him here.  I just feel so lucky to have been his mummy.  I know it's better to have loved and lost than not loved at all.  I will cherish the four brilliant years we had together for the rest of my life."

Debbie said she does not know how she is going to live without her little boy, who was due to start school in August.  She added her youngest son's death has hit his brother and sister hard.  Debbie said: "They were all best pals. Fought like cat and dog right enough, but had so much love for each other.  All they know is the angels came down and took him and that he is in heaven now with our dog Jacko.  We told them he is up there having fun. Hopefully, that will give them some peace and comfort."

The loving mum said David was "beautiful inside out" and "everything about him was just perfect".

Debbie said the family was due to go on holiday to Bulgaria this summer.  She added: "We loved our holidays and would always pay for a wee photoshoot when we were there.  My kids are all beautiful and I wanted to have proof of the good times for us to look back on."

SUDC is death in children between the ages of 1 and 18 that remains unexplained after a thorough investigation, including an autopsy.  Most often, a seemingly healthy child goes to sleep and never wakes up.  David will be laid to rest on Saturday morning.  His horse-drawn white carriage will be leaving the family's flat on Royston Road at 8.45 am.  Debbie and Ian have invited their family and friends to the street to pay their respects.  Given the social distancing rules in force at the moment due to the coronavirus pandemic, only 20 of their immediate family will be allowed to attend the funeral.  Debbie added: "Not everyone who we would want to be there will be able to because of the current situation.  It would be lovely to see people there for him on the street when we leave.  He was so loved and deserves a good send-off."

heartbroken

• View Profile
That's so sad  :hug: