Author Topic: Prince Andrew settlement: Duke's bombshell statement in full after secret deal  (Read 200 times)

PippaJane

  • Administrator
  • Jr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 354
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-prince-andrew-settlement-dukes-26238328?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_evening_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Prince Andrew settlement: Duke's bombshell statement in full after secret deal

The Duke of York has been spared a courtroom showdown after settling his sexual abuse lawsuit with Virginia Giuffre today

By Alahna Kindred News Reporter

16:48, 15 Feb 2022 Updated 21:56, 15 Feb 2022

Prince Andrew vowed to fight sex trafficking and help support its victims moments after reaching a secret “settlement in principle” in the civil sex claim filed in the US with accuser Virginia Giuffre.  The Duke of York has been spared a courtroom showdown after settling his sexual abuse lawsuit with Ms Giuffre today.  Court documents published today reveal that Prince Andrew regrets his "association" with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein and to show his remorse he plans "on supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims".

The sum of the settlement will not be disclosed, but it has been revealed the 61-year-old disgraced royal plans on also making "a substantial donation to Ms Giuffre's charity in support of victims' rights".

Ms Giuffre alleges she was forced by Jeffrey Epstein and Maxwell to have sex with the Duke on three occasions after being trafficked by the pair.  Ms Giuffre included a now-infamous photo in her complaint against Prince Andrew, claiming she was forced to have sex with him on the night the image was taken when she was aged 17.  Prince Andrew has always strongly denied Ms Giuffre’s claims.  A document submitted to a US court today said: "Virginia Giuffre and Prince Andrew have reached an out of court settlement.  The parties will file a stipulated dismissal upon Ms Giuffre's receipt of the settlement (the sum of which is not being disclosed).  Prince Andrew intends to make a substantial donation to Ms Giuffre's charity in support of victims' rights.  Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms Giuffre's character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks.  It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years. Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein and commends the bravery of Ms Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others.  He pledges to demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein by supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims."

Prince Andrew has also avoided having to give evidence under oath - as he was originally meant to face a deposition on March 10 in London, before the case was settled today.  This civil case had become a headache for the disgraced Duke.  The Mirror recently reported that plans to fly flags in honour of Prince Andrew’s birthday were scrapped.  The decision taken in consultation with Buckingham Palace means Government buildings will not be expected to raise the Union Flag when the Duke of York turns 62 on Saturday.  Furthermore, his family have appeared to distance themselves from him after Prince Charles reportedly requested his little brother Andrew stay away from Windsor Castle, it has been claimed.  The future king, 73, allegedly told his younger sibling, 61, to stay "out of the line of sight" and it could mean the Duke of York and ex-wife Sarah Ferguson eventually moving out of Royal Lodge.  And last month, Andrew's mum the Queen summoned him to a 90-minute meeting in which he was told he would be stripped of his royal privileges.