Author Topic: Man becomes oldest executed inmate in US history for killing ex-girlfriend...  (Read 885 times)

Lost Soul

• View Profile
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-man-becomes-oldest-executed-25660999?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_morning_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid=%7B%7ETrackingId%7E%7D

Man becomes oldest executed inmate in US history for killing ex-girlfriend in 1985

Bigler Stouffer, 79, was put to death on Thursday by lethal injection despite pleas for his clemency over concerns regarding Oklahoma’s last two botched executions

By Christopher Bucktin United States Editor

20:43, 9 Dec 2021Updated22:08, 9 Dec 2021

America has carried out an execution on its oldest person in history.  Bigler Stouffer, 79, was put to death on Thursday by lethal injection despite pleas for his clemency over concerns regarding Oklahoma’s last two botched executions.  The convicted murderer, convicted in 1985, was given a lethal injection around 10am at the State Penitentiary in McAlester.  He was pronounced dead 16 minutes later.  According to witnesses Stouffer was seen laughing and joking with his spiritual advisor before uttering his final words.  He said: “My request is that my Father forgive them. Thank you.”

For his last meal, he had a chicken burger, two slices of bread, broccoli, mixed fruit, two biscuits, a fruit drink, one bottle of water.  He was given the meal on Wednesday evening, the night before his execution.  Stouffer was the first person killed by Oklahoma since John Grant convulsed on the gurney and vomited during his lethal injection in October as the state ended a six-year execution moratorium brought on by concerns over its protocols.  The pensioner had maintained his innocence over the 1985 attack that left schoolteacher Linda Reaves dead and her boyfriend, Doug Ivens, seriously injured. Stouffer was convicted and sentenced to death in 2003 after his first conviction and death sentence were overturned.

PippaJane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I will never agree with the death penalty but this is crazy in the worst possible way.  Why not let him live the rest of his life in prison?

The death penalty is as wrong as killing somebody in every day life.