Author Topic: Anti-mask dad who protested lockdown dies from Covid after taking cow drug  (Read 2045 times)

heartbroken

• View Profile
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/anti-mask-dad-who-protested-24866749?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_campaign=coronvirus_briefing_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Anti-mask dad who protested lockdown dies from Covid after taking cow drug

Caleb Wallace, 30, was admitted to hospital last month, where he needed full sedation after taking a cocktail of drugs and vitamins falsely touted online as a Covid 'cure'

By Abigail O'Leary Reporter

09:38, 30 Aug 2021

A dad who protested lockdown and urged others to stop wearing masks has died from Covid, his pregnant wife has said.  Caleb Wallace, 30, was admitted to hospital last month, where he needed full sedation after taking a cocktail of drugs and vitamins falsely touted online as a Covid 'cure'.  One of the medications, Ivermectin, is used to treat parasite infestations in farm animals like horses and cattle.  Now, Caleb's wife Jessica has revealed he died on Saturday after weeks on a ventilator at San Angelo hospital.  She described her husband as "imperfect" but said he loved his little girls.  On a GoFundMe page, Jessica wrote: "Caleb has peacefully passed on. He will forever live in our hearts and minds.  He was an imperfect man but he loved his family and his little girls more than anything."

Last year, Wallace spoke at a San Angelo City Council briefing on coronavirus, KXAN reported.  He said: “My health has nothing to do with you. As harsh as that sounds, but our constitutional, fundamental rights protect that. Nothing else.  I’m sorry if that comes off as blunt and that I don’t care. I do care.  I care more about freedom than I do for your personal health."

Weeks before his hospitalisation Caleb headed a protest called the "Freedom Rally" which sought to take a stand against government meddling in US citizens' lives.  Caleb, whose wife is expecting a new child by next month, was one of the founding members of San Angelo's "Freedom Defenders".  The group say their goal is to battle "Covid-19 tyranny".  The 30-year-old Texan appeared in several interviews relating to the group's fight for an "open Texas" and his anti-mask and anti-vaccine stand.  In an open letter to San Angelo's school districts in April Caleb claimed there was "ZERO benefit to this continued practice [wearing masks]."

In a promotional video for Freedom Defenders, Caleb said the campaign group was "fighting for people to get to work. We're fighting for people to get back on their feet."

He added that he feared "we're gonna lose much more than we bargained for".