Author Topic: Tragic mum dies after becoming trapped in charity bin while looking for clothes  (Read 872 times)

Cocopops

• View Profile
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/tragic-mum-dies-after-becoming-24473570?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_morning_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Tragic mum dies after becoming trapped in charity bin while looking for clothes

Police say CCTV footage shows Alarrah Lawrence, 33, driving into Stockland Baldivis shopping centre in Rockingham, Western Australia, before she parked up and approached the bin in the early hours of Tuesday morning

By Lorraine King

18:41, 6 JUL 2021

A struggling mum has tragically died after she became trapped inside a charity clothing bin as she rifled through donations.  The body of Alarrah Lawrence was found hanging "half in, half out" of a clothing bank in Australia in the early hours of Tuesday morning.  Police say CCTV footage shows the mum-of-one driving into Stockland Baldivis shopping centre in Rockingham, before she parked up and approached the bin at around 1.40am.  The 33-year-old stood on a plastic bucket so she can look into the Good Sammys charity bin before starting to rifling through the donated clothing.  But the tragic mum, who has a 15-month-old son, is believed to have slipped off the bucket which left her top half stuck in the bin and her feet dangling out, the West Australian reports.  By the time Ms Lawrence was found by a horrified member of the public at 5am with clothing strewn under her feet she had already died.  Rockingham Detective-Senior Sergeant Andrew Elliott said analysis indicates she may have suffocated.  He said: "Through our investigation so far it seems to be a non-suspicious death where a person has tragically died through very unfortunate circumstances.  It seems she became trapped and unable to remove herself from the bin."

He added it would have been "very, very confronting" for the member of the public found her.  Ms Lawrence's heartbroken boyfriend called her his "soulmate" in a heartfelt tribute on Facebook.  He posted: "This is a cruel world.  Can't believe you're gone. I'm devastated and words can't explain.  I'm going to miss you and I just wish I could tell you I love you one more time my soulmate."

Heartbroken friends and family have described Ms Lawrence as a "pocket rocket" and "breath of fresh air".  Locals claim people are often seen rummaging through the charity banks in the early hours.  One said: "There's always clothes scattered around those bins.  That's why they've recently installed a CCTV camera and a light in the car park."

In April a woman's body was found inside a charity shop donation bin in Stockland Burleigh Heads shopping centre in the Gold Coast part of Australia.  Police say the woman, who was in her thirties, died as a result of “misadventure”.