Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - PippaJane

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Harry and Meghan skipped Jubilee events as they 'weren't centre stage', says expert

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle only made one public appearance during the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations and one royal expert says it may have been because they weren't given front row seats

By Jennifer Newton Royal Features Writer

12:51, 10 Jun 2022

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were not more visible at the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations as they knew they wouldn't have centre stage seats, a royal expert has said.  The couple only attended one Jubilee event publicly the service of thanksgiving at St Paul's last Friday.  They were sat in the second row of the cathedral and across the aisle from Prince William and his wife Kate, with the couples not acknowledging each other or exchanging eye contact.  Apart from being glimpsed at Trooping the Colour last Thursday, Harry and Meghan were not seen at any other royals events and even left to travel back home to California before Sunday's Jubilee Pageant ended.  And according to expert and royal editor of Vanity Fair, Katie Nicholl, this could have been because they knew they would have front row seats in the royal box for the Pageant.  She told True Royalty TV's The Royal Beat: “I honestly think it’s [because] they knew that they wouldn’t be in that front row. And why did they leave the Royal Family?  They left because they weren’t in the front row. I believe that’s why they weren't at the other celebrations as they did not have centre stage seats.”

Her comments come after fellow royal expert and biographer Duncan Larcombe claimed Harry will be haunted by the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations for the rest of his life.  He pointed to the the fact that Harry and Meghan and their family flew home to California before the festivities ended, saying it was very telling.  Duncan explained: "Those four days will haunt Prince Harry for the rest of his life.  They [The Duke and Duchess of Sussex] were relegated to sitting behind the Duke of Gloucester.  They didn't take part in any way, shape or form visibly at the Trooping of the Colour and fair play to them.  You can take your pick with things they were excluded from this weekend, whether they excluded themselves or not, they flew home on a private jet before the thing had even finished.  That you could say was just them being respectful of not stealing the limelight but that will not be how Prince Harry sees it.  He will be fuming about the way he and his family were treated if it was the Royal Family who said, ‘you’re not coming to the royal box’, 'you are not going to sit there while the likes of Mike Tindall and other minor non-working royals were there."


‘Harry and Meghan are no longer stars’: Royal experts say Sussexes left Jubilee early after monarchy 'moved on' without them and 'should learn their lesson' after 'fabulous' four days showed 'how wrong they were to do Oprah interview'

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrived back in Santa Barbara, California on Sunday after departing the UK
    It is believed the couple left UK an hour before Jubilee Pageant began on Sunday and missed the Queen's appearance on the balcony at Buckingham Palace
    Harry and Meghan attended the Thanksgiving service, but were absent from most key Jubilee moments
    Their children Lilibet and Archie were not seen, but baby equipment could be seen being offloaded from the private jet when they arrived back in America
    Latest Platinum Jubilee news as the Queen celebrates 70 years of service

By Martin Robinson, Chief Reporter

Published: 14:12, 6 June 2022 | Updated: 14:36, 6 June 2022

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left the Queen's Platinum Jubilee early because the Royal Family has 'moved on' without them and the couple are not the stars that they think they are, experts told MailOnline today.  The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will have been 'really fed up' at being sidelined by the palace's 'men in suits' they have been so scathing about since quitting in 2020, it has been claimed.  And as they were met with some booing at their only public appearance at St Paul's on Friday, the couple will have learned that the British public believe being a royal is 'about service, not about self', one critic said. Another told MailOnline: 'Their attitude seems to be if we’re not centre stage we don’t really want to be here'.

Harry looked particularly glum as they landed back in California yesterday - with royal experts saying the sixth in line to the throne appeared angry, anxious and very uncomfortable during 'fleeting glimpses' of him and his wife during the UK visit. On Thursday they were relegated to the Major General's Office with minor royals for the Trooping the Colour, where they were photographed playfully shushing children. Their children Archie, three, and Lilibet, one, were not seen in public at all.  Investigative journalist Tom Bower, who is working on a biography of Meghan, told MailOnline that the Sussexes had been 'trounced' on their return to the UK.  He said: 'I think Palace officials were unusually skilful in managing the Sussexes. Just enough exposure to please the Queen but at the same time so limited to show them that they have been sidelined. Harry’s grim expression exposed and confirmed the troubles he now faces. Meghan now faces problems about her status. Netflix are left with a problem: The Sussexes are no longer stars'.

Harry's biographer Angela Levin said the couple were probably kept apart from Prince Charles and Prince William because of their ongoing rift and fears any private conversations could end up in Harry's memoirs or on a US TV chat show.  She said: 'I do wonder if they [Harry and Meghan] decided: "We've had enough of this, let's go early". I think they were furious. I think they believed they would come back and be welcomed with open arms but the truth is that the world, and the Royal Family, has moved on without them. They thought that everyone would drop everything for them, but they didn't'.

She added: 'When Harry arrived at St Paul's, he had a growling face. It was there throughout. They were really really fed up. William and Charles have grown closer they have filled the gap left by Harry, that must be hard for him. I suspect his brother and father will have been worried about speaking to him in private in case it ends up in his memoirs or on US TV’.

Harry, Meghan and their children reportedly flew out of Farnborough Airport, west of London, at 1.30pm yesterday, an hour before the Jubilee Pageant started in central London. It marked the end of their Jubilee, where they were left without any official role having quit as frontline royals in 2020.  Royal author Phil Dampier told MailOnline: 'Their attitude seems to be if we’re not centre stage we don’t really want to be here.  They must realise they are no longer popular with the general public, and travelling in and out by private jet hardly helps their so-called green credentials.  I’m afraid that all the time Harry is writing a book and making Netflix fly on the wall programmes, Charles and William will not trust him. They would worry that any in depth conversations would be repeated in the media, and so I’m sure they are keeping him at arms length for the time'.

And after the Sussexes were met with some boos at St Paul's on Friday, commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said: 'This was about the Queen and the future of the monarchy, which they opted out of as senior working royals. Yet they owe their entire profile and contracts to the institution. This fabulous four days showed now strong it is and also how wrong they were to do the interview on Oprah, which caused it to lose support among the young and ethnic minorities and aired when Prince Philip was ill.  The Sussexes should have learnt a lesson over the last few days. When it actually comes to capturing hearts and minds it is about service, not about self'.

At lunchtime yesterday the Montecito-based couple were reportedly driven from Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, where they were staying since arriving in the UK on Wednesday.  And they were already crossing the Atlantic as Harry's grandmother, father, brother and nieces and nephews waved to the adoring crowds from the balcony at Buckingham Palace at the denouement of four days of wonderful celebrations marking the Queen's 70 years on the throne.  After they left an estimated 18million people also took part in Jubilee street parties yesterday, one of which was attended by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in west London.  The Sussexes, who have been largely absent from the Jubilee fanfare, were last seen in public on Friday at the Thanksgiving service at St Paul's Cathedral, where they were booed and cheered as they arrived and left.  On Thursday they were relegated to the Major General's Office with minor royals for the Trooping the Colour, where they were photographed playfully shushing children. Archie and Lilibet were not seen in public at all.  Instead they spent most of their stay at Frogmore Cottage with their children and hosted a 'relaxed' party for Lilibet's first birthday at the Windsor residence, believed to be attended by the one-year-old's British cousins.  The Sussexes arrived back in California at 6pm on Sunday. Equipment that appeared to be a high chair was seen being offloaded from the plane. Harry was then photographed in the passenger seat of a black Range Rover that had arrived to transport the family home, and looked very serious after almost five days away from the US.  The Duke and Duchess did not attend the Platinum Party and stayed in Windsor alongside the Queen to reportedly watch the concert with Her Majesty.  Harry and Meghan then drove, according to The Sun, to Farnborough Airport at 1.30pm, an hour before the Pageant started at 2.30pm and made their way back to California.  This was hours before the Queen who sources say was 'determined' to bravely overcame her painful mobility issues returned to Buckingham Palace to personally thank the thousands of well-wishers in the crowd who had turned out to express their own gratitude.  She was flanked by her three heirs son, Prince Charles, grandson, Prince William, and great-grandson, Prince George offering a glimpse into the monarchy's future.  The Platinum Jubilee Pageant was an afternoon of entertainment for members of the royal family, who all sat together alongside their siblings and cousins.  The parade told the story of her life, and the nation, with an eccentric, fun and imaginative carnival-like display.  Instead of attending this and a concert yesterday, Harry and Meghan celebrated their daughter Lilibet's first birthday in Windsor on Saturday with a 'relaxed' birthday party with royal second cousins invited to the festivities.  The little girl's birthday party was open to Zara and Mike Tindall's three children, Mia, eight, Lena, three, and Lucas, one, as well as Savannah, 11, and Isla, 10, daughters of Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly.  The couple were also seen at the Friday's thanksgiving service at St Paul's Cathedral, where a huge cheer went up as Harry and Meghan arrived and they were greeted at the great west door by the Dean of St Paul's.  It was the first time that the couple were on full public view alongside the Windsors since they quit the monarchy for a new life in the US two years ago.  They spent a few minutes talking to the senior cleric before they entered the place of worship and proceeded to greet the long line of clergy.  But before the festivities started an aide told The Telegraph: 'The media might try to make them prominent, but in reality they are not going to be playing a prominent role. A line has been drawn.'

Harry stopped to chat for a few moments with the Archbishop of York who later will give the sermon and is expected to praise the Queen's 70-year reign.  The Sussexes were also seen from a window at Thursday's Trooping the Colour, but were not on the balcony alongside working royals.  Neither Lilibet, nor her older brother three-year-old Archie, have been seen in public at any of the festivities.  An emotional Queen said she remains 'committed to serving' the nation to 'the best of my ability' after she concluded her Platinum Jubilee celebrations by greeting crowds of adoring fans on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

The 96-year-old monarch was absent for much of the extended Bank Holiday weekend, after finding the first day enjoyable but tiring, and in a message of thanks acknowledged this but said her 'heart' had been with well-wishers.  The Duchess of Cornwall, patron of the Big Lunch, estimated that up to 18 million people could have taken part in Jubilee street parties, and the Queen expressed her hope this 'renewed sense of togetherness' would be felt for years to come.  After the outpouring of public affection during her balcony appearance, the Queen said she was 'humbled and deeply touched' so many people had taken part in celebrations marking her 70-year reign.  Surrounded by her family, including Prince Charles, Camilla, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, George, Charlotte and Louis, she was cheered by thousands of well-wishers after stepping on to the balcony following the Platinum Pageant, which told the story of her life, and the nation, with an eccentric, fun and imaginative carnival-like display.  Smiling as she acknowledged the spectators, she looked down on The Mall where tens of thousands had waited in hope of seeing her.  The Queen said later in her message: 'When it comes to how to mark seventy years as your Queen, there is no guidebook to follow. It really is a first. But I have been humbled and deeply touched that so many people have taken to the streets to celebrate my Platinum Jubilee.  While I may not have attended every event in person, my heart has been with you all; and I remain committed to serving you to the best of my ability, supported by my family.  I have been inspired by the kindness, joy and kinship that has been so evident in recent days, and I hope this renewed sense of togetherness will be felt for many years to come.  I thank you most sincerely for your good wishes and for the part you have all played in these happy celebrations.'

The Queen had not been seen since she made two balcony appearances on the first day of the Jubilee celebrations, when Trooping the Colour was held, and the Duchess of Cambridge later said she had found the day enjoyable but tiring.  But the Queen looked at ease on the balcony as the celebrations drew to a close, leaning on a walking stick, now a routine aid following her mobility issues, and acknowledging the crowds with a wave.  The Prince of Wales stood with the Queen along with the Duchess of Cornwall, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.  After the national anthem was sung by a choir of celebrities including Sir David Jason, Harry Redknapp, Sir Cliff Richard, Sandie Shaw and Felicity Kendal, the Queen waved again at well-wishers and was joined by her great-grandchildren, with Louis waving with both hands.  The royal family had planned to see a display by the Red Arrows from their balcony vantage point, but it was called off due to the low clouds which had threatened rain all day.  Earlier in the day Charles had expressed the same sentiment as the Queen when he spoke about the camaraderie the Jubilee events had fostered.  He told revellers at The Big Lunch's flagship event in London, which he attended with Camilla, that he hoped 'bickering' did not return after the feeling of 'togetherness' across the nation.  Princess Eugenie described the Jubilee Pageant as 'incredible', writing on her Instagram: 'The Platinum Jubilee Pageant was just incredible. To all the people that took part, organised it, made it flawless for us all watching, Thank you. You made us all so proud.'

A post on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's Twitter account read: 'Amazing display of street art, theatre, music, sport and more.  What a joyous occasion at the #PlatinumJubile pageant!'

President Volodymyr Zelensky congratulated the monarch, saying he was 'grateful [to Britain] for supporting Ukraine in the fight for our freedom and independence'.

It comes after she stepped out onto the Buckingham Palace balcony for nearly three minutes, in her first public appearance since Platinum Jubilee celebrations began on Thursday.  The monarch, 96, was greeted by roars from thousands of spectators gathered on The Mall as Britain's longest-serving head of state was helped onto the balcony by Prince Charles, Camilla, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, George, Charlotte and Louis.  The royals then joined the crowd in a spine-tingling chorus of God Save The Queen shortly after 5pm, bringing the the Jubilee celebrations to a close.  Her Majesty, dressed in green, was missing from the royal box but arrived at the Palace from Windsor Castle at around 4.30pm, when the royal standard was raised. She was last seen four days ago after pulling out of two Jubilee events amid growing concerns for her health.  Pomp and pageantry kicked off the final day of Jubilee celebrations celebrating the Queen's astonishing 70-year reign as a hologram of the young monarch waving at royal fans and a ceremonial military procession launched the 2½-hour pageant.  Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, their children George, Charlotte and Louis, Princess Anne, and Zara and Mike Tindall are all seated in the royal box alongside Boris Johnson and his wife Carrie, Keir Starmer and Sadiq Khan to watch the two-mile procession through central London.  Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who are visiting the UK together for the first time since they acrimoniously quit royal duties, were absent for a second day running. Yesterday they celebrated their daughter Lilibet's 1st birthday, and introduced the child to her namesake.  The pageant was split into four acts: For Queen and Country with a military parade; The Time of Our Lives progressing through seven decades of culture, music and fashion; Let's Celebrate telling the story of the Queen's life in 12 chapters with corgi puppets and carnival creations; and the Happy and Glorious musical spectacle.  Close to 200 national treasures including Sir David Jason, Harry Redknapp, Sandie Shaw, Felicity Kendal, Joe Wicks and Holly Willoughby joined pop sensation Ed Sheeran in a mass rendition of God Save The Queen outside Buckingham Palace at the end of the pageant.  Guardsmen, Gurkhas, Royal Marines and the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment in their breastplates and plumed feathers were among the hundreds of servicemen and women who led the way marching along the streets around Buckingham Palace.  Charles took the salute of various military units when they passed the royal box and he stood to acknowledge the servicemen and women as they passed.  Some 10,000 people including a cast of 6,000 performers are involved in staging the carnival route from Horse Guards, along Whitehall to Admiralty Arch and down The Mall to Buckingham Palace, echoing Her Majesty's 1953 coronation procession.  British eccentricity was soon to the fore when the cyclists on a menagerie of bikes rode past Buckingham Palace, including a biker dressed as the character Elliot from the sci-fi Movie ET, complete with the Extra Terrestrial in the cycle's basket.  As the decades flashed by revellers in period 1940s clothes danced the Lambeth Walk and further down The Mall jiving performers represented the 1950s.  Interspersed were iconic vehicles from Morris Minors, rockers on classic motorbikes and Mods on scooters, while the national treasures - celebrities from across the years including Katherine Jenkins, Bonnie Langford, Alan Titchmarsh, Basil Brush, Kate Garraway and RuPaul's Drag Race stars Baga Chipz and Blu Hydrangea, and fashion royalty Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell travelled on buses.  Sir Cliff Richard sang from the 1950s bus, former boxer Chris Eubank posed from the open top-deck of another, and TV presenter Johnny Ball joked on the BBC about the experience on the 1970s bus: 'It's all right, but I'm worried I haven't paid my fare'.

A peloton of 300 cyclists travelled down The Mall led by Sir Chris Hoy and cycling golden couple Dame Laura and Sir Jason Kenny.  The Queen's three-minute appearance on the balcony delighted the crowd who were not sure whether she would be there.  It came after Ed Sheeran took to the stage to play his hit song Perfect, against a moving back-drop of a montage of video clips of the Queen throughout the years.  Paula and Patrick Queenan, from Radlett in Hertfordshire, said the Queen and the royal family coming out on to the balcony was the best part of the Jubilee celebrations.  Mrs Queenan, 57, said: 'Seeing the Queen come out on the balcony was amazing.  We didn't know if she'd come or not. This was the first day that I've been here and this was the real highlight.'

Mr Queenan, 58, added: 'I came for the fly past on Thursday and the atmosphere was fantastic.  Our daughter and her fiance came down from Sheffield today. They're both doctors and so they're going to head back now and they're on duty tonight.  We had a street party on Friday, the whole street came to ours and sang the national anthem. Seeing the Queen has been the best bit of this week.'

Charles spoke about the camaraderie the Jubilee celebrations have fostered, telling revellers at The Big Lunch's flagship event in London he hoped 'bickering' does not return after the feeling of 'togetherness' across the nation.  Sadiq Khan hailed the Queen's Jubilee Pageant as 'spectacular' as celebrations draw to a close.  The Mayor of London tweeted: 'Wasn't that spectacular?'

'It was moving to see so many of London's performers, service people, key workers and school children involved in today's #PlatinumJubilee Pageant to tell the story of the Queen's historic 70-year reign.'

His sentiment was echoed by Pageant Master Adrian Evans, who has spent 18 months planning the £15 million event, featuring some 10,000 people including a cast of 6,000 performers.  Mr Evans told BBC News: 'I hope at the end of the day people will feel a great sense of pride in what they've seen, enjoyment in what they've seen, humour and joy is an important part of what we're doing today but also connected, that we are much more connected then we think we are.'

He told Sky News: 'What I wanted to do first and foremost was provide an opportunity for people to express themselves in their own wonderful, idiosyncratic, quirky way and that to the iconic streets around Buckingham Palace.'

Close to 200 national treasures will take to the stage to serenade the Queen, if she makes an appearance, by singing the national anthem at the grand finale of the Platinum Jubilee festivities.

Harry and Meghan's Platinum Jubilee


The Sussexes land in Britain on a private jet. The Queen sent three of her own protection officers, her royal Land Rover and a bullet-proof VW people carrier to meet the family at Farnborough Airport, taking them to Frogmore Cottage.


A Range Rover with a modest escort swept them in to Central London and onto Whitehall, where they took up position in the Major General’s Office overlooking the parade ground ready for the other royals to arrive.  Among the first to greet them were Princess Beatrice and her husband, Edo, as well as the queen’s grandson Peter Phillips.  Meghan was seen kissing his elder daughter, Savannah, 11, as his younger daughter, Isla, 10, held Zara and Mike Tindall’s younger daughter Lena, almost four.  Meghan, wearing a large wide-brimmed navy and white hat, put her finger mysteriously to her lips as the girls mimicked her, laughing.  Her husband, Prince Harry, 37, who looked tanned in a lounge suit rather than military uniform, was also seen later entering into the spirit of things, apparently urging Lena to ‘shush’.  The couple were later seen chatting to the Queen’s cousin, the Duke of Kent, 86, before he left the family gathering to join the monarch at Buckingham Palace, where they took the returning military salute together.


The couple went to St Paul's Cathedral for the morning's service celebrating the Queen.  The couple arrived after the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and their two children, and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie along with their husbands.  Harry and Meghan held hands and were smiling broadly as they walked up the steps of the cathedral, while cheers and some boos could be heard from the crowd.  The Duke of Cambridge and his wife Kate sat on the front row alongside Prince Charles and Camilla, who were representing the absent Queen at the Service of Thanksgiving for her 70-year reign.  But Harry and Meghan were placed on the opposite side of the aisle, half-way down a second row of seats, along with other lower-ranking, non-working royals.  There was no chance for the once-close siblings to talk as William, 39, and Kate, 40, were part of the main party.  They arrived after Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, were seated and left before them in order to attend a post-service reception at the nearby Guildhall.  Notably, the California-based Sussexes were the only members of the extensive royal party who were absent from the second event.


Instead of attending the concert at Buckingham Palac, Harry and Meghan celebrated their daughter Lilibet's first birthday in Windsor on Saturday with a 'relaxed' birthday party with royal second cousins invited to the festivities.  The little girl's birthday party was open to Zara and Mike Tindall's three children, Mia, eight, Lena, three, and Lucas, one, as well as Savannah, 11, and Isla, 10, daughters of Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly.  The Queen was also rumoured to have been invited but it is claimed that she met her great-granddaughter for the first time on Thursday or Friday.


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their children reportedly flew out of Farnborough Airport at 1.30pm yesterday, an hour before the Jubilee Pageant began.  The California-based couple are believed to have been driven from Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, where they were staying, at lunchtime.  They landed in the US at around 5pm, LA time.

The Queen 'committed' to serving nation

In a message of thanks, the Queen said: 'When it comes to how to mark seventy years as your Queen, there is no guidebook to follow. It really is a first. But I have been humbled and deeply touched that so many people have taken to the streets to celebrate my Platinum Jubilee.   While I may not have attended every event in person, my heart has been with you all; and I remain committed to serving you to the best of my ability, supported by my family.  'I have been inspired by the kindness, joy and kinship that has been so evident in recent days, and I hope this renewed sense of togetherness will be felt for many years to come.  I thank you most sincerely for your good wishes and for the part you have all played in these happy celebrations.'


Woman who was raised by members of ultra-religious Christian 'cult' after she was abandoned by her parents reveals they TIED her to her sister with rope to keep them in line, and told her she was being PUNISHED by God if she got sick

    Elizabeth Hunter, 28, was raised by a family in Texas that belonged to the Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP), also known as ATI
    She was three when she was abandoned by her biological parents, and she spent years in and out of foster homes until her parents took her in when she was nine
    Hunter had been rehomed by her legal guardian, but she didn't learn until she was an adult that her parents had never legally adopted her
    The writer and digital creator has opened up about her life in IBLP and how she broke away in a series of TikTok videos
    She wasn't allowed to watch TV, listen to pop music, or read certain books when she was growing up, including The Diary of Anne Frank 
    Everything her dad said was considered 'absolute law' and had to be obeyed
    Hunter was in college when she told her therapist that her parents used to tie her to her younger sister to keep her in line and realized she was in a 'cult'
    She later came out as a lesbian and broke away from the religious organization
    Hunter is slated to publish her first fantasy novel, Hearts of Clay and Tempest, a retelling of the Little Mermaid, next month

By Erica Tempesta For

Published: 13:16, 31 May 2022 | Updated: 16:11, 31 May 2022

A woman who grew up in an ultra-conservative Christian sect has detailed how she left the fundamentalist group, came out as a lesbian, and wrote her first novel after her therapist helped her realize she was in a 'cult.'  Elizabeth Hunter, 28, was raised by a family in Texas that belonged to the Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP) also known as ATI after being abandoned by her biological parents and rehomed.  The ministry founded by Bill Gothard promotes a patriarchal family system in which children are expected to follow his interpretation of Bible scriptures and always obey their fathers. Hunter, who is known as @thatlizhunter on social media, has been opening up about her experience and answering questions about being raised with IBLP's teachings in a series of TikTok videos.  'Whatever your dad said was absolute law, and you had to do whatever your dad wanted you to do or you were disobeying God himself,' she explained in one clip.

She was three when her biological parents gave her up, and she spent years in and out of foster homes until her parents took her in when she was nine.  'My legal guardians drove me up to a home, unloaded my one backpack full of things, and then drove off,' she recalled in another video.

'For the rest of my life, I believed I was adopted by my mom and dad. I told people that. I thought they were my parents. Nine-year-old me thought I was adopted.'

It wasn't until she was an adult and trying to enroll her sister in public school that she learned she had been rehomed and was never legally adopted, though she still considers her mother and father to be her parents.   Hunter reflected on her strict religious upbringing in an interview with UNILAD, recalling how she was homeschooled and studied the Bible.   'There was no TV in our house. We weren't allowed to watch movies or television shows,' she explained. 'We weren't allowed to listen to any contemporary or non-Christian music. I was not allowed to cut my hair. I was not allowed to wear makeup.'

She couldn't wear clothes with words on them because her mother felt they drew attention to her body. She wasn't even allowed to wear the color green, simply because her father didn't like it.  Hunter said that when she got sick, her mom blamed her, claiming the cold was a punishment for disobeying her parents.  She said her mom told her, 'You're sick, so you must have done something to get sick. God is punishing you because you've gone out from the umbrella of protection. This is why you're sick. You must have done something to be punished.'

Hunter was taught how to bake bread, how to sew, and how to play piano all skills that she 'needed to be a good wife.' By the time she was 17, her parents had her thinking about marriage.  'I wasn't supposed to date or flirt with any guys because my dad was going to pick my husband,' she said.

In one of Hunter's recent TikTok videos, she shared some of the books she got in trouble for reading when she was growing up in IBLP.  Her parents took issue with George Orwell's 1984 because 'the main character has an affair' and Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson because 'the word hell is used.'  The Diary of Anne Frank was deemed 'too explicit' because 'she wrote about her crush and sex,' and she also faced backlash for reading the American Girl Meet Felicity book collection because 'Felicity is too independent and lies to her parents.'  Many viewers wanted to know how Hunter was able to go to college as a female, which is typically not allowed in IBLP.  She explained that she was homeschooling her two sisters for her parents when she convinced them to let her go to school for teaching.  'I was like, "Well, if I'm doing all of this, I might as well become a teacher and have an education degree,"' she recalled.

'And my parents were like, "Well, we would rather you get married, but if you insist on finishing your education, you can go to school to be a teacher and stay at home and teach your kids when you get married."  And that's how I wormed my way to college.'

Hunter was 22 when she enrolled in one of the most conservative colleges in the U.S. and got her driver's license.  'I did not know I was in a cult until I was a sophomore in college, and I was talking to my therapist,' she said in another clip. 'I was explaining that my parents used the Duggar "buddy system" to discipline me and my sister.'

Conservative Christian parents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, who have attended and promoted IBLP events, implemented a 'buddy system' with their 19 children in which each older child was paired with a younger child to take care of.  If it weren't bad enough that my parents were having me parent my younger sister, when my younger sister fought against it and would refuse to hang out beside me, my parents got a rope and tied us together,' Hunter said.   

'When I told that story to my therapist, she looked at me and she said, "Elizabeth, not only is that child abuse, but your parents are a part of a cult." And it just dawned on me, and I was like, "Oh, yeah, you're right."'

A year later, she realized she was a lesbian after listening to a podcast with Christian people who were gay, something she didn't realize was an option before.  Growing up in a cult, it's difficult to know what your sexuality is when the only thing that you're given is an option is to marry a man and have lots of kids,' she explained.  'I was like, if they exist, I think I am one, and it just clicked,' she added. 'I was like, "Yeah, I'm definitely gay."'

Hunter has since broken away from IBLP and is now working as a writer and digital creator. Her first novel, Hearts of Clay and Tempest, a retelling of the Little Mermaid, is slated to be published on June 14.  However, she hasn't completely cut off contact with the parents who raised her because they are the only parents she has.  She detailed the trauma she felt after being abandoned by her biological parents, saying she spent two years hoping they would come back for her.  'I basically cut off all mental ties to them when I was five years old,' she said. 'When I was rehomed at age nine and thought I was adopted, within two weeks my parents told me that I had asked to call them mom and dad. I remember being so happy that somebody wanted to be my mom and dad because, from the ages of three to nine, everyone told me very plainly, "I'm not your mom. I'm not your dad." And these were the first people who were like, "Yeah, you can call us mom and dad."  So, it's hard to let go of that, even though I thought they were abusive and wrong in many ways,' she explained. 'I know that they still loved us even though they did not do right by us completely.  And they're the only parents I have.'


Ruth Neave: Who is Rikki Neave's mum and where is she now?
Author Picture Icon

Will Durrant
Published: 7:32 PM April 27, 2022

A new tell-all Channel 5 documentary looks into the case of murdered six-year-old Peterborough boy Rikki Neave, and how his mum Ruth waited 28 years to secure a conviction.  Rikki's killer, James Watson, who was aged 13 when Rikki disappeared on November 28, 1994, was found guilty of murder at the Old Bailey in London last week (April 21).  The case and trial is unpacked in The Murder of Rikki Neave: The Mother's Story, which features a TV exclusive interview with Ruth Neave.  Ruth herself was jailed in 1996 after admitting child cruelty - but she was never found guilty of murdering her son.  What happened to Ruth, and where is she now?

Rikki's mum reported her son missing at 6pm on Monday, November 28 in 1994. Rikki had eaten Weetabix for breakfast and left his home at 9.30am, but he never arrived at school.  Ruth's neighbours said they saw Rikki accompanied by James Watson that morning.  Officers from Cambridgeshire Police turned up at Ruth's home on Redmile Walk at 6.17pm, and they found Rikki's body naked and laid in a star shape in nearby woodland the following day.  A post-mortem examination concluded he was strangled with the zip of his anorak hood.  The then 13-year-old Watson gave a false account to police on December 5.  On January 19, 1995, Ruth was arrested on suspicion of murder.  By October 1996, a jury at Northampton Crown Court unanimously acquitted Ruth of her son's murder, but she pleaded guilty to child cruelty and was jailed for seven years.  Upon her release, she returned to Cambridgeshire where she met her husband Gary Rogers.  She approached the Cambs Times in 2014, and together with her husband Gary and editor John Elworthy, Ruth campaigned for police to reopen her case.  Press conferences followed, and police looked at DNA evidence on Rikki's clothing which matched samples provided by Watson and a Crown Prosecution Service lawyer decided in 2019 that Watson should face prosecution.  The murderer was charged in 2020, and a trial began in February this year.  A jury in London deliberated for 36 hours and 31 minutes before delivering their guilty verdict.  "Gary worked night and day going over every document, statement and piece of evidence he could find (and how he got hold of them will remain untold)," explained Cambs Times editor John Elworthy.

"I interviewed them, often, and compiled fresh stories, offering fresh thoughts, fresh perspective with a growing sense a provincial newspaper editor might just ‘have something’.  I grew fond of Ruth and Gary. And never wanted to quit even when a family member threw hot coffee over me for ‘siding with that scum’.  Now, with the verdict in, I am simply relieved."

But Ruth will not watch the documentary.  "It’s far too emotional for me and I don’t want to see it," she said.

Since the verdict, Ruth suffered a fall at her Cambridgeshire home and shattered her shoulder.  She had emergency surgery in Cambridge on Monday, and is recovering at home.  "Both my husband Gary and I are exhausted and need to recharge," she said.

Ruth is determined to attend Watson's sentencing on Monday, May 9, where she would like to read her victim statement out before the man who killed her son.


The moment a manhole cover COLLAPSED under 18-month-old toddler who fell five feet down sewage drain to his mother's horror before she jumped in to save him from river of human waste

    Amy Blyth, 23, was strolling with son, Theo Prior, when he disappeared through drain cover as it flipped over
    CCTV footage showed terrifying moment the youngster disappeared on Sunday afternoon in Tenterden, Kent
    Theo was taken to the William Harvey Hospital and where medics diagnosed him with mild concussion
    Southern Water have launched an investigation into incident to establish cause and apologised to family

By Kaya Terry For Mailonline

Published: 09:33, 24 May 2022 | Updated: 12:54, 24 May 2022

A terrified mother has revealed she will 'never mentally recover' after she watched her 18-month-old toddler fell five feet down a sewage drain in horror.  Amy Blyth, 23, was strolling with her son, Theo Prior, when he disappeared through a drain cover as it flipped over and then closed on top of him on Sunday afternoon.  The footage, captured on CCTV from a neighbouring house, showed the moment the quick-thinking personal trainer jumped into the drain to rescue the tot and quickly plucked him from a river of human waste in Tenterden, Kent.  The mother-of-one stood on ledges at the side of the sewer to reach down to her toddler son who had fallen to the very bottom.  Luckily, she was able to grab hold of him and lift him out but his clothes were left covered in human waste.  Describing the 'horror film' moment, Ms Blyth said: 'My first thought was "Oh my God, he's dead.'''

The incident happened on a public pavement and Southern Water have since apologised to the family and said they are 'taking the matter very seriously'.  She added: 'I yanked the drain lid out, and I just saw him down there, screaming my name. There was sewage up to his knees.  I jumped down the drain, but it's not big enough for me to bend over to grab him. I had to sort of arch my body to grab him and pull him up.  I don't know how I did it. My body went in ways I've never bent before, just to get him out of that drain.  It was so deep you couldn't see my head from the ground, and I wasn't even on the floor.  Just as I pulled him up I think someone flushed a chain because we were soaked with I think, possibly, wee. Our clothes are absolutely disgusting.'

The terrified mum rushed the little boy - who is said to have swallowed some sewer water to Ashford's William Harvey Hospital, where medics diagnosed him with mild concussion, but x-rays revealed he miraculously got away without a broken bone.  Ms Blyth, said: 'It could have ended up so much worse. If he'd gone down head first, I don't even know if he would be here.  It makes me feel sick to think of it. It's an absolute nightmare I'm petrified of drains now. I still feel really shaken from it. I just can't really get over it.  He literally went straight to the bottom, and I thought I was going to lose him. It was actually like a horror film.'

She added: 'We were just walking out for him to go to his dad's house. I saw the drain was a little bit loose, but I didn't realise what level it was loose.  He ran to the drain, stood on it, and just fell the whole way through. And then the drain lid shut on top of him.'

The personal trainer said: 'Just as I pulled him up I think someone flushed a chain because we were soaked with I think, possibly, wee. Our clothes are absolutely disgusting'

The personal trainer said: 'Just as I pulled him up I think someone flushed a chain because we were soaked with I think, possibly, wee. Our clothes are absolutely disgusting'

Ms Blyth said she dreads to think what might have happened had a child fallen through the drain cover unseen.  She added: 'If he'd been on his own, or if it had been another kid on their own, we wouldn't have found him.  We wouldn't have known where they'd gone. You couldn't even hear him because it's sound-proof.  He could have fallen down and I'd have gone running round the block trying to find him, not in a drain.'

Theo is now home and doing well, but Ms Blyth complained to Southern Water and said she 'needs answers' as she believes the drain cover has been faulty for some time.  Writing in a post on Facebook, she added: 'I mentally will never ever recover from this, my baby now is screaming when leaving my side.'

Describing the 'horror film' moment, Ms Blyth said: 'My first thought was "Oh my God, he's dead''.  I will not give up until we get an answer as to why a drain was left so dangerously.  I will fight every day to get what Theo deserves, I will now focus on ensuring mine and Theo's happiness is a priority.'

It is understood Southern Water is working to establish who is responsible for the drain and manhole.  Around four investigators were seen in the area yesterday looking into the cause of the accident.  A Southern Water spokesperson said: 'We are aware of a situation involving a child and an open manhole.  This is clearly an upsetting situation for those involved and our team is on-site. A dedicated customer liaison officer has been assigned to support the family.  We are taking this matter very seriously and our first priority was to make the area safe. Next steps are to understand exactly what happened.'

Fun, Games And Silliness / the Judge
« on: May 10, 2022, 07:23:17 PM »
Taking his seat in his chambers, the judge faced the opposing lawyers.  "So," he said, "I have been presented, by both of you, with a bribe."

Both lawyers squirmed uncomfortably. "You, Mr. Leon, gave me $15,000. And you, Mr. Campos, gave me $10,000."

The judge reached into his pocket and pulled out a check. He handed it to Mr. Leon. "Now then, I'm returning $5,000, and we're going to decide this case solely on its merits."

Fun, Games And Silliness / Robinson
« on: May 03, 2022, 07:59:55 PM »
Every time the man next door headed toward Robinson's house, Robinson knew he was coming to borrow something. "He won't get away with it this time," muttered Robinson to his wife. "Watch this."

"Er, I wonder if you'd be using your power-saw this morning," the neighbor began.

"Gee, I'm awfully sorry," said Robinson with a smug look, "but the fact of the matter is, I'll be using it all day."

"In that case," said the neighbor, "you won't be using your golf clubs, mind if I borrow them?"


Body of woman with locked-in syndrome found sitting upright and fused to parents' couch

WARNING, DISTURBING: Lacey Ellen Fletcher, 36, was found partially naked and covered in insect bites and bed sores at the home of her parents, who are now facing second-degree murder charges

By Sophie Bateman Assistant News Editor

01:21, 29 Apr 2022

A woman who suffered from locked-in syndrome has been found dead, sitting upright and fused to her parents' couch.  Police made the grisly discovery of the remains of Lacey Ellen Fletcher, 36, at a home in Slaughter, Louisiana on January 3 after her parents called 911 saying she wasn't breathing.  Sheila, 64, and Clay Fletcher, 65, "did not have an explanation" for why their disabled daughter was in such a state and are now facing second-degree murder charges.  Lacey suffered from the rare neurological condition known as locked-in syndrome, in which patients are unable to move any part of their body except for their eyes. Despite her serious condition, she had allegedly not been seen by a doctor for 20 years.  According to District Attorney Sam D'Aquilla, Lacey told her parents she did not want to leave the house about 10 years ago.  The Fletchers, who were Lacey's primary caretakers, claim they were able to communicate with her and she "never complained". 

"We don't treat animals or neglect our animals in that way," Mr D'Aquilla told the Daily Mail.

"If you have an animal in that condition you take them to the vet."

Lacey was found partially naked, sitting upright and submerged in a hole on the living room couch. Her body was covered in urine, faeces and insect bites and she had bed sores that went all the way down to the bone.  It's believed she had been dead for a day or two before being found.  The family's ranch-style home was otherwise clean and tidy, authorities said, although they were met with a powerful smell when they entered.  "The scene was sickening," East Feliciana Parish Coroner Dr. Ewell Dewitt Bickham III told the Daily Mail.

"I've seen some horrible things in my life but nothing like this.  It's unconscionable, something you make horror movies about."

He ruled Lacey's death a homicide and cause of death as medical neglect.  Her parents are well-respected members of the Slaughter community, with Sheila employed as a local elected official and Clay working for an educational nonprofit dedicated to the Civil War.  Sheila resigned from her position on the town board three weeks after Lacey's death.  Many neighbours had no idea Lacey existed and have been "appalled" by the news of her death, according to reports.  The couple's lawyer Steven Moore issued a statement on his clients' behalf on Wednesday, saying: "They don't want to relive the pain of losing a child through the media.  They have been through a lot of heartache over the years. Anyone who had lost a child knows what it's like."

Mr D'Aquilla said the Fletchers were never taken into custody as they are not considered flight risks.  On Monday a 12-person jury will decide on charges of manslaughter, negligent homicide or second-degree murder. If convicted of second-degree murder, the couple face life in prison.


Toddler, 3, left 'dead behind the eyes' after eating chocolate Kinder Surprise

Charlotte Wingfield says her little girl Brooklyn-Mai has been 'so poorly' as Kinder warns people not to eat its products amid an outbreak of salmonella cases linked to their chocolate treats

By Caroline Hemmingham & Abigail O'Leary News Reporter

10:00, 11 Apr 2022 Updated 10:28, 11 Apr 2022

A mum told how her three-year-old daughter was left looking "dead behind the eyes" after she claims she contracted Salmonella from eating a Kinder Surprise chocolate egg.  Charlotte Wingfield shared photos of her little girl Brooklyn-Mai whose temperature spiked to 39c because of the food poisoning.  It comes as Kinder issued warnings to people who had bought any of its products not to eat them and the company's chocolate factory in Belgium has been ordered to close.  Ms Wingfield said in her Facebook post, which has since been shared more than 500 times, that Brooklyn-Mai had never been so poorly in her life, reports Hull Live.  "Brooklyn-Mai has been so so poorly since I picked her up from nursery on Monday. Seeing as I was so ill last week, I thought nothing of it than her just coming down with the tummy bug I had until she slept for 21 out of the following 24 hours and then kept falling asleep as she was doing things.  Her temperature spiked to over 39° and I struggled to disturb her. I knew something wasn't right and spoke to the gp who ran through a list of what it could be.  I came off the phone thinking she had a viral bug. Fast forward three days and it's been confirmed she has salmonella from the Kinder chocolate she ate on Sunday."

Ms Wingfield said that in the space of 96 hours, little Brooklyn-Mai had been awake for just 12 to 14 of them and when she was awake, it was like she wasn't really there at all.  "She's been completely dead behind the eyes and so lifeless, it's been absolutely heartbreaking to see my usually fiery, adventurous and very active baby girl be the complete opposite of everything she usually is," she said.

Chocolate firm Ferrero said it is suspending operations at its plant in Arlon, which it said will only reopen “once certified by the authorities”.  Ferrero said it acknowledged “internal inefficiencies, creating delays in retrieving and sharing information in a timely manner” and said these had “impacted the speed and effectiveness of the investigations”.  The widening of the recall to include all Kinder products manufactured at the site between June and the present date was announced by the Food Standards Agency (FSA) on Friday night. The previous recall only covered products with best-before dates up to October 7, 2022.  The FSA, which is continuing to investigate an outbreak of salmonella cases linked to Kinder products, said the new update means all the products in the recall notice, no matter what the best-before date is, should not be eaten. The recall is related to the same products Kinder Surprise, Kinder Mini Eggs, Kinder Surprise 100g and Kinder Schokobons announced earlier in the week.  The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said on Wednesday that 63 people in the UK, mostly young children, are known to have been infected with salmonella in the outbreak linked to the treats.


Father who forced his friend to dig his own grave and kill himself after discovering he had sexually abused his daughter, six, is jailed for 18 months

    Vyacheslav Matrosov, 34, attacked his former friend Oleg Sviridov, 32, last year
    Matrosov attacked Sviridov after learning he had sexually abused his daughter
    Matrosov killed the paedophile after seeing graphic evidence on friend's phone
    The former engineer was sentenced to 18 months in jail for Sviridov's murder
    Sviridov's body was found in a shallow grave he appeared to have dug himself

By David Averre and Will Stewart and Tom Brown For Mailonline

Published: 15:22, 20 April 2022 | Updated: 16:02, 20 April 2022

A distraught father who forced best friend to kill himself when he discovered the man had sexually abused his daughter, six, has been jailed for 18 months in a strict regime Russian penal colony.  Child sex abuser Oleg Sviridov, 32, was forced to dig his own grave in a forest.  He died soon after from knife wounds following a fight with father Vyacheslav (Slava) Matrosov, 35, who secretly buried his corpse in the unmarked grave.  Investigators concluded that Sviridov took his own life during the forest fracas in which Matrosov made clear his fury over the sex abuse.  Matrosov was initially held on suspicion of murder but this triggered a public outcry in Russia.  He was this week convicted of 'inciting' his friend 'to suicide' by Krasnoglinsky Court in Samara.  The close friendship broke down when the father found sickening and graphic footage on his friend’s mobile showing Sviridov forcing his daughter to perform a sex act on him.  The girl was just six when the explicit sex abuse footage was filmed on Sviridov’s phone.  His daughter, now nine, was heard pleading: 'Oleg, that's enough, I can't take it anymore. I want to go home'.

Matrosov, a former rocket engine factory worker, could have been jailed for 15 years if he had been charged with murder.  There was a wave of public support in Samara region for Matrovov after he was linked to the killing of paedophile Sviridov, and the case was highlighted around the world.  Locals in village Pribrezhnoye raised money for his initial legal fees. They supported him for 'saving our children by ridding us of a child sex attacker'.

There was an outpouring of public support for the Matrosov in the weeks following the incident, including from prominent journalists on Russia's tightly-controlled broadcast news.  Locals from Vintai village started a petition to demand the rocket engine factory worker should be acquitted and spared jail after admitting to the killing which reached 2,500 signatures.  'Sviridov fell asleep, and Vyacheslav took his mobile phone and decided to see what his friend was looking at,' the petition for Matrosov read.

'Every father would have done this [killed someone they saw abusing their child]. This will be an example to everyone.  Therefore, we demand understanding from the executive branch, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Investigative Committee.'

Prominent TV journalist and former Russian presidential candidate Ksenia Sobchak told her followers: 'All parents are standing up for the paedophile's killer.'

Unusually, the father was held under house arrest not in detention pending the trial.  He was charged 'inciting a person to suicide by threats or abuse'.  One source close to the case said that detailed forensic evidence showed that Matrosov had not stabbed Sviridov in a forest where the dead man’s body was found later in the makeshift grave.  There are claims Sviridov was given an ultimatum to go to the police and confess to sexually abusing the girl, or face the father's wrath.  A relative said Sviridov was seen badly beaten on the day in September 2021 he disappeared, more than a week before his body was found in the makeshift grave near Vintai village.  Two other children in the village are feared to have been abused by Sviridov.  'We were all very sad and upset after hearing the verdict in court,' said Oksana Kazakova, 43, a Matrosov family friend and Sviridov’s ex-girlfriend, whose daughter was also allegedly abused. 'Everyone was hoping that Slava would get a suspended sentence, but he got 18 months. We were shocked.  Of course, we understand that he could have received a far longer sentence. And 18 months is not much time. We really hope that he will get a presidential pardon at the end of the year.  That would be a huge blessing for all his friends and family.'

Matrosov, a former rocket engine factory worker, was not required to wear an electronic tag while he awaited his trial.  He faced prosecution for 'inciting a person to suicide or attempted suicide by threats or abuse', which carries a maximum six year sentence.  Matrosov said he initially reported the rapes to local police who then launched a manhunt for Sviridov, but the father claimed he managed to track down the alleged child abuser before the cops.  He did not deny killing Sviridov, but alleged the paedophile 'stumbled on the knife during a quarrel' and maintained his death was not intentional.  Police sources said that the deceased man's phone contained sickening videos which showed violent rapes of other village girls, aged six and 11.  The videos indicated that the suspect had been abusing children for five years before Matrosov discovered the footage on his phone.  It has also been reported that one of his alleged victims was the daughter of his former partner.  The woman had a daughter from her first marriage,' a friend told Moskovsky Komsomolets newspaper.  Now it has turned out he was abusing the child.'

Sviridov's ex did not know anything about the alleged abuse, said the woman friend who had known Sviridov for more than 15 years.  She is a very good caring mother,' she said. 'I can imagine what she feels like now the truth has come out.  He was constantly seen with the girls, the daughter of his partner and Vyacheslav's older daughter, in the village. It never crossed anyone's mind what he was doing with children.'   

Sviridov's mother said that her son had often been a babysitter for Vyacheslav's children and the two men had been long-time friends.  'I don't know how it got to this,' she said, referring to the rape of Vyacheslav's daughter.  'He must have been drunk. Most likely he was drunk. They left their children with him all the time.  When he baby-sat these girls he came back home as normal, in a good mood.'

Villager Tatiana Zubova, said: 'I know him personally, he is a good father and husband.'

Lawyer Vera Podkolzina said proving Sviridov's guilt from video evidence was critical to a lenient sentence for Matrosov.  MP Oksana Pushkina called for harsher legal sanctions to deter child sex abuse.  'We need tough legislative measures against paedophiles,' she said.

« on: April 12, 2022, 04:00:50 PM »

I. I am thy Main Squeeze; thou shalt have no other squeeze before me.

II. Thou shalt not take the name of thy Squeeze in vain, nor badmouth her/him behind her/him back.

III. Remember our Anniversary, and keep it holy...or else.

IV.  Honor MY mother and father. THINE are just too weird.

V.  Thou shalt not kill my love by behaving tackily or cause undue embarrassment when I am with thee.

VI.  Thou shalt not commit adultery, nor shalt thou even THINK about it least you be smitten from the earth.

VII. Thou shalt not steal from my wallet/purse while I am in the shower, nor use my credit cards.

VIII. Thou shalt not talk about our personal problems to our friends.

IX. Thou shalt not covet the higher market price of thy neighbor's house without first puttin' down the remote and learnin' how to use a paintbrush!

X.  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's main Squeeze, nor his son, nor his daughter, nor his entertainment center, nor his BMW, nor anything else that belongs to thy neighbor.


Exclusive: Wayne Couzens' Met Police unit celebrate George Floyd's murder in sick racist messages

A message shared by ex-officers from Wayne Couzens' elite unit celebrated the 2020 US police killing of George Floyd. They also shared an image of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with racist language

By Michael Gillard & Tom Pettifor Crime Editor

20:53, 8 Apr 2022 Updated 21:00, 8 Apr 2022

Former members of killer policeman Wayne Couzens’ elite unit shared sick messages including one celebrating the murder of George Floyd.  A Met Police whistleblower has come forward with a massive archive of racist, sexist and homophobic images in a WhatsApp group including ex-officers from the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection command.  One celebrates the 2020 US police killing of Mr Floyd, which sparked the Black Lives Matter movement. A doctored photograph titled “Pink Floyd”, shows the victim’s dying moments as a Minneapolis officer kneels on his head.  Other messages shared in the group include an image of Prince Harry and wife Meghan with racist language.  And a picture was posted of a mocked-up T-shirt with an image of British BLM activist Sasha Johnson, who was shot last year, with a bullet hole in her head and the words “Black Lives Splatter”.  A spoof pandemic poster shows a white mother and child two metres from a black child and the comment: “Quite right, probably carrying a blade.”

There is an image of a hippopotamus sculpture captioned: “Guys who votes we pull down this statue of Diane Abbott?”

And a message mocking the murder of Sarah Everard three days after Couzens’ arrest, says: “Sick b*****d, only a few people I can send this to will find it as funny as we do.”

The cache is the latest in a string of scandals which have resulted in the resignation this weekend of Met Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick.  Whistleblower Dave Eden 62, a member of the protection command in the 1990s, was in a WhatsApp group started in 2018.  Members had to be invited and vouched for by current and former PaDP officers, he said. It is also thought to have included serving and former non-PaDP officers.  He said Ms Dick had paid “lip service to prevention” and issued “meaningless diversity statements”.

Couzens, 49, is serving a whole-life tariff in prison for Sarah’s abduction, rape and murder.  A Scotland Yard spokesman asked Mr Eden to contact the force.  They added: “Racism, sexism and homophobia are completely unacceptable and we will take a zero tolerance approach to any serving officer or member of staff who breaches our standards.”

Two judges ruled last month that the Met breached the rights of the organisers of a planned vigil for Sarah.  Diane Abbott, Labour MP for Hackney North, said: "These are horrible and upsetting messages and one of them is about me.  They happen to reveal a racist and misogynistic culture in the Met police which is what we saw in the WhatsApp messages from Charing Cross police station.  This racist and misogynistic culture is behind some of the recent scandals, whether it's the murder of Sarah Everard, the way the vigil for her was treated and the strip searching of child Q by the police.  I think that the incoming commissioner really has to tackle this culture. It needs to be understood that racism and misogyny is not going to go unpunished."

Fun, Games And Silliness / Delete
« on: April 09, 2022, 10:44:34 AM »
My husband Brian is a computer systems administrator. He is dedicated to his job and works long hours, rarely taking time off for meals.  One afternoon, Brian was overwhelmed with solving computer network problems, so I decided to deliver a meal for him to eat at his workstation.  When I was getting ready to leave, I said good-bye and reminded him to eat his burger and fries while they were still warm.  Staring at his monitor, he waved me away. "Don't worry," he said, obviously distracted, "I'll delete them in a few minutes."

Fun, Games And Silliness / Collection
« on: April 02, 2022, 04:55:28 PM »
A mother wanted to teach her daughter a moral lesson. She gave the girl a quarter and a dollar for church. "Put whichever one you want in the collection plate and keep the other for yourself," she told the girl.

Sunday, when they were coming out of the church, the mother asked her daughter which amount she had given.  "Well," said the little girl, "I was going to give the dollar, but just before the collection the preacher said that God loves a cheerful giver. I knew I'd be a lot more cheerful if I gave the quarter, so that's what I did."

Fun, Games And Silliness / The pie pan
« on: April 02, 2022, 04:53:16 PM »
While a woman was out of town, a neighbor came to borrow a fancy pie pan.  Of course the woman's husband was happy to lend it to her.  The pie pan was returned a few days later filled with an apple pie.  When the woman asked her husband where the pie came from, he told her about the loan and explained: "Our neighbor said she never returns something without filling it up."

"Good!" the woman replied. "You should let her borrow our checkbook."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23