Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Lost Soul

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Fun, Games And Silliness / Obit
« on: June 19, 2022, 04:35:33 PM »
A lady sent in a long obituary. The paper called and told her the cost was so much per word.  "Oh, my" she said, "Just change that to 'George died.'"

The paper then told her that there was a five word minimum.  "Well," she said, "make that 'George died, Buick for sale.'"


Prince Harry 'would have gone home feeling depressed about what he has given up' after realising he and Meghan are no longer 'centre stage' during Jubilee visit, royal experts claim

    Duke and the Duchess of Sussex missed the Platinum Jubilee Party and Pageant
    made only one public appearance, despite flying in from US with their children
    couple didn't appear on Buckingham Palace balcony during Trooping the Colour

By Jessica Green For Mailonline

Published: 09:12, 10 June 2022 | Updated: 09:22, 10 June 2022

Prince Harry 'must have gone home feeling very depressed for what he has given up' after he and Meghan Markle decided not to be more visible in the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations because 'they did not have centre stage seats', royal experts have claimed.  The Duke, 37, and the Duchess of Sussex, 40, missed both the Platinum Jubilee Party and Pageant as well as the Epsom Derby during the four-day festivities.  They made only one public appearance, despite flying in from the US with their two children Archie and Lilibet.  The couple didn't appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony during Trooping the Colour, and were also seemingly relegated to the second row during the Thanksgiving service.  Vanity Fair's Katie Nicholl told True Royalty TV’s The Royal Beat that the couple weren't at other celebrations because 'they did not have centre stage seats'.  Meanwhile, historian Hugo Vickers added: 'Harry has given up being Captain of the Royal Marines, who were out in force. I think he must have gone home feeling very depressed for what he has given up.'

Katie said: 'I honestly think it’s [because] they knew that they wouldn’t be in that front row.  And why did they leave the Royal Family? They left because they weren’t in the front row. I believe that’s why they weren't at the other celebrations as they did not have centre stage seats.'

Elsewhere, royal biographer and journalist Duncan Larcombe said the Platinum Jubilee celebrations will haunt Prince Harry for the rest of his life, as he and his family were relegated to minor roles and decided not to participate in some events.  He said: 'Those four days will haunt Prince Harry for the rest of his life. They [The Duke and Duchess of Sussex] were relegated to sitting behind the Duke of Gloucester [at the Thanksgiving service].  They didn't take part in any way, shape or form visibly at the Trooping of the Colour [Harry] will be fuming about the way he and his family were treated if it was Prince William and the Royal Family who said, "you’re not coming to the royal box", whilst other minor non-working Royals were at those events.'

Discussing the key images from the celebration, Katie told the programme: 'If you’re going to take one image away from the weekend, it has to be [the one of the Queen and her three heirs standing on the Buckingham Palace balcony].  A Jubilee isn't just a moment to reflect on the 70 years, but to look forward to the future. The Queen’s message is very clear, this is the future and for the first time in history, we have four generations of royalty.  It is extraordinary. Also, it was deliberately engineered. If you watch the sequence of this, Camilla steps to the side, whilst Kate takes the two youngest children, and leaves the Queen with her three heirs.'

I cannot understand how these so called chritian cults can justify their way of life.


Mum accused of murdering Logan Mwangi retches in dock as extensive injuries read out

WARNING DISTRESSING CONTENT: Logan Mwangi was found dead in a river next to a park after suffering the kind of injuries usually found in car crash victims, Cardiff Crown Court has been told

By Philip Dewey

17:46, 21 Mar 2022 Updated 19:27, 21 Mar 2022

A mother accused of murdering her five-year-old son cried and retched as prosecutors detailed the full extent of her son's catastrophic injuries.  Logan Mwangi was found dead in a river next to a park after suffering the kind of injuries usually found in car crash victims, Cardiff Crown Court was told.  His mum Angharad Williamson, 30, and her partner John Cole, 40, alongside a youth are accused of murdering the youngster.  Logan suffered more than 56 injuries before his body was dumped like "fly tipping". All three deny being responsible for his death and are on trial at Cardiff Crown Court.  On Monday, jurors were warned that the evidence will be "difficult to listen to" ahead pathologist Dr John Williams' testimony, reports WalesOnline.  Dr Williams performed a post mortem on Logan on August 1, 2021, the day after his body was found in the River Ogmore near Pandy Park in Bridgend.  The witness told the jury he found 56 external injuries on Logan’s body in total.  Dr Williams later added: “The court heard there were features indicating a period of survival following injuries being sustained which may have been up to several hours.  The findings do not indicate death occurred immediately after injuries were sustained."

He said the severity of these injuries may be expected with a fall or collapse, and absent of a high velocity accident, the injuries are consistent with “a blow or blows, a kick or kicks or impact of impacts with a weapon”.

The medical cause of Logan’s death was given as blunt force abdominal injury and cerebral injury including brain swelling, hypoxic ischemic neuronal injury and traumatic brain injury.  At a number of points during the evidence, Williamson could be heard crying the dock - and retching at one point.  As part of its case, the Crown says while it cannot show exactly what happened, all three defendant's had tried to "desperately cover up their involvement in his death".

The trial has previously heard that Willamson phoned 999 at 5.46am on August 31 to report her son missing a call that the Crown alleges Logan's mum was "playing the part of a distraught mother to the full extent of her acting abilities".

All three defendants also accused of perverting the course of justice, including moving Logan’s body to the river near Pandy Park, removing his clothing, washing bloodstained bed linen, and making a false missing person report to police.  Williamson, from Sarn, Bridgend, and the youth pleaded not guilty to both offences. Cole, of Maesglas, Ynysawdre, Bridgend, has denied murder but admitted perverting the course of justice.  Williamson and Cole were also charged with causing or allowing the death of a child, which they both denied.  The trial continues.

Fun, Games And Silliness / The Handyman
« on: March 31, 2022, 04:04:58 PM »
A handyman was working for a temple in Allentown, PA, had asked for a raise and was turned down. He decided to quit and went out to look for work.  First he went to a Catholic church and was told that in order to work there he would have to answer one question.  The priest asked, "Where was Jesus born?"

The man answered, "Pittsburgh," and was shown the door.

He then went to a Baptist church. The minister told him that in order to get a job there he would have to answer a question.  He was asked, "Where was Jesus born?"

The man answered, "Philadelphia."

He was dismissed.  Walking away, he encountered the rabbi who was looking for him. The rabbi exclaimed, "The board approved your raise. Please come back immediately."

The man said to the rabbi, "I will come back only if you answer a question. Where was Jesus born?

The rabbi says, "Bethlehem."

"HA!," cries the man. "I knew it was somewhere in Pennsylvania."

Fun, Games And Silliness / Cookies
« on: March 31, 2022, 04:02:11 PM »
A husband took his young daughter to the grocery store with him. In addition to the healthful items on the carefully prepared shopping list, they returned with a box of sugar-laden cookies.  The man noticed the glare of his wife and said, "This box of cookies has one-third fewer calories than usual."

"Why is that?" the mother asked.

"We ate a third of the cookies on the way home," he replied.


'Edward VIII's treachery is mind-boggling': Viewers of Britain's Traitor King question 'why Duke of Windsor wasn't executed for treason' after he told Nazis to keep bombing England during WWII

    Edward is said to have encouraged the Nazis to bomb Britain into submission
    He then wanted to be re-installed as King of a puppet state in Britain
    Claims were made in Channel 4 documentary Edward VIII: Britain's Traitor King
    Many were horrified by the claims and said his 'treachery was mind-boggling'

By Harriet Johnston For Mailonline

Published: 12:47, 28 March 2022 | Updated: 16:08, 28 March 2022

Viewers of Edward VIII: Britain's Traitor King last night questioned 'why the royal wasn't executed for treason' after learning he told Nazis to keep bombing England during WWII.  The former king, who abdicated in 1936 to marry the divorced American socialite Wallis Simpson, also passed information to Germany that aided the fall of France in 1940, according to the Channel 4 documentary which aired last night.  It used evidence such as captured German documents that are held in the Royal Archives to support the claims.  The damning allegations come after years of academic research into how close to the Nazis the Duke of Windsor was and the effect of his friendships on the war.  Andrew Lownie, upon whose book the documentary was made, explained: 'The Duke definitely believes the continued severe bombing would make England ready for peace.  It is extraordinary here is the former king of Britain saying if you bomb his family and country, it's the best way to bring the pursuit of peace.   He's prepared to go to those lengths to achieve those aims. It's chilling and sinister and very shocking.'

Later the same year, the Germans bombed Buckingham Palace, literally missing the King and Queen by feet.  One stunned viewer commented: 'Mind boggling the treachery and vanity of the man.'

Another wrote: 'Can't believe what I'm waiting. shocking what a traitor to the country he was.'

Appearing in the documentary, A.N. Wilson explained how the Duke was attracted to Hitler who was 'flashy' and 'trendy.'

Anna Pasternak said the former king was 'blinded' by the fact Wallace 'hadn't experienced the pomp of the royal tour.'

He explained: 'He was so susceptible to that kind of flattery and he succumbed.'

Wilson continued: The Duke once said to one of his friends in exile, he didn't have a drop of English blood in him. He was pure German.'

Meanwhile Andrew explained: 'The Duke was very firmly pro-Nazi and a firm supporter of Hitler.'

Wilson added: 'He felt like a wounded child and the person who came into the playground to pick up the wounded child was Adolf Hitler.  In May 1939, the Duke, who had an office in Paris, made a broadcast in which he said Britain should be doing all in its power to come to terms with Nazi Germany and not have a war.'

Anna added: 'He didn't listen to advice that didn't suit him, he was a naive fool.'

In a May 1939 speech which was never broadcast, and accessed by the historian through the BBC Sound Archive reference card, the Duke asked the British to surrender to Hitler before the war began.

Wilson said: 'The BBC were furious, they felt the impartiality of the BBC would be infringed and they felt the Nazis were using the duke for their own propaganda, which they were of course.  No one quite knew what was going to happen in May, but later it was fairly obvious.'

Anna explained the Duke was 'terrifyingly open to Germany and 'what they could offer him.'

Meanwhile Andrew said there were repeated references to the Duke's 'hope to be restored to the throne' by the Germans in telegrams.   Anna explained: 'Anyone who could make him feel powerful and important, he succumbed to that.  His motivation was his sense of rejection from England. i think he never really got over that.'   

The documentary goes on to detail how the Duke gave information on weaknesses in the French military to a Nazi informant.  The former King was living in Paris and had written four reports on the French First Army describing its poor leadership and morale.  The reports were ignored by British officials but captured German diplomatic cables showed that Edward then gave the information to his close friend, Nazi informant Charles Bedaux.  The subsequent German invasion of France targeted the weaknesses Edward had identified.  During the invasion, Edward and Mrs Simpson fled to Lisbon, Portugal where they socialised with German agents and sympathisers.  In another captured diplomatic cable from the German ambassador to Portuguese authorities, the Duke is said to have told representatives of Francoist Spain that 'continued severe bombing would make England ready for peace'.

Andrew said: 'Edward wanted to come back as a pro-Nazi leader. He characterizes himself as a firm supporter of a peaceful arrangement with Germany.  'He was so disloyal to his brother, he was calling for the bombing of Britain as a way of subjugating them.  The Duke encouraged the Germans to bomb London and indeed, that's what they do.'

On 13th September 1940, they bomb Buckingham Palace, literally missing the King and Queen by feet.  He continued: 'Let's look at it in personal terms, this is a man who will stop at nothing to usurp the throne, even if it requires the death of his own brother.'

Meanwhile Wilson added: 'In my mind that is the most appalling thing he ever did to say the people of your own country should be bombed.'

Freddie Sayer, editor of Unherd, questioned if he had a sense 'vindication would be delivered' if the 'whole house of cards come crashing down.'  Then-Prime Minister Winston Churchill removed the Duke from Europe, making him the Governor of the Bahamas.  While travelling there, Edward sent a coded telegram to a Nazi associate saying he was willing to return to Europe.  Dr Lownie argues that this indicates Edward was aware of Operation Willie, the German plan to put the Duke back on the throne as the head of a puppet state.  The allegations are also detailed in Dr Lownie's upcoming book Traitor King, which will be published in May.  The documents used by Dr Lownie as evidence have been in the Royal Archives for decades but a recent policy change allowed greater access for researchers with new documents emerging.  In 1937, Edward and Wallis, met Hitler and his officials during a tour of Germany.  Whilst there, Edward was infamously photographed giving a Nazi salute and later also toured industrial facilities and even a concentration camp, whose guard towers were said to have been explained to him as meat stores.  The former king was reported to have said as late as 1941 that Hitler was the 'right and logical leader of the German people'.

Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII: A scandal that rocked a nation

January 1931 - Wallis meets Prince Edward in January 1931, after being introduced via her friend Lady Furness

1931- 1934 - The American divorcee and the heir to the throne see each other regularly at various parties

August 1934 - Wallis admits she and Edward are no longer just friends, after joining him on a cruise

January 1936 - King George V dies. Edward asks Wallis to watch the proclamation of his accession with him from St. James's Palace

August 1936 - The pair enjoy a cruise around the Adriatic sea with friends. Details of their relationship appear in the American press

December 11, 1936 - Edward announces his abdication

June 3, 1937 - The couple get married in the south of France. Wallis was formally known as the Duchess of Windsor, but was not allowed to share her husband's title of 'Royal Highness.'


'Some Women Have Penises': Placard-wielding trans rights protestors besiege feminist campaigners' meeting held to discuss women-only spaces

    Women's Place UK were holding meeting to discuss single-sex spaces
    Event in Manchester was protested by around 200 trans-rights demonstrators
    They claim the women's rights group is 'transphobic' and 'exclusionary'
    Police officers were called to the event as a 'precaution', but no arrests made

By William Cole For Mailonline

Published: 10:42, 26 March 2022 | Updated: 15:11, 26 March 2022

A women's rights group meeting to discuss single-sex spaces was protested by trans activists leading to police being called.  Around 200 protestors holding up placards that read 'Some women have penises' and 'If you are transphobic do one' gathered outside a venue in Manchester where Women's Place UK were holding their discussion.  The group was hosting its annual conference to consider 'the importance and future of single-sex provision in policy and law'.

The protest was organised by the Manchester Trans Rise Up group, which described Women's Place as a 'transphobic hate group'.  Later, Greater Manchester Police said that officers attended as a 'precaution', but no arrests were made.  Police did help move the crowd apart so the Women's Place attendees could leave the building safely.  Activists at the protest said some group were trying 'to push a narrative that trans women are predators' adding that they saw Women's Place's stance on single-sex spaces as 'b*******'.  'We believe Woman's Place UK is trying to make women-only spaces that exclude the existence of trans women,' two attendees told the Manchester Evening News. 'We feel that it’s important to stand up against that.'

In a statement, Woman’s Place UK denied they were 'transphobic'. They also said they welcomed those with opposing views to attend their events and 'debate with us directly'.

A Woman’s Place UK spokesperson said: "We are a grassroots women's campaign. Accusations of transphobia are entirely unjustified and are often used as a tactic to shut down discussion which many women have valid concerns about the retention of our right under the Equality Act 2010 to single sex spaces, services and sports.  Our last meeting in Manchester was held in 2018, where Kristina Harrison, who is trans, spoke from the platform alongside Ruth Serwotka and Bea Campbell.  Our events are public and we welcome people with opposing views to attend, listen to our concerns and debate with us directly.'

The feminist group thanked Greater Manchester Police for what it said was a 'very supportive police presence'.  Joanna Cherry, the SNP MP, said: 'The women holding this meeting have a right equal to those of the protesters to freedom of speech and freedom of expression.  'We support the right to protest. But the right to harass, intimidate, abuse or silence? No.'


Young rugby player tragically dies after suffering injury scoring try

Talented young rugby player Jack Jeffery suffered an injury while scoring a try during a match for Evesham RFC against Berkswell and Balsall on Saturday and has tragically died

By Nathan Ridley

12:51, 13 Feb 2022Updated13:28, 13 Feb 2022

A talented young rugby player has tragically died in hospital after he suffered an injury while scoring a try during a match.  Jack Jeffery was playing for Evesham RFC against Berkswell and Balsall in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, when he was hurt on the pitch on Saturday.  He suffered the injury while gaining points for his team and was rushed to Walgrave Hospital.  Jeffery sadly died later that day and has received tributes from Premiership stars Freddie Burns and Elliott Stooke as well as the RFU.  In a club statement, Evesham labelled him "too good for even the All Blacks" as a gifted rugby player, and was also described as "calm, respected and highly thought of."

"It is with immeasurable sadness that we have to report the tragic loss of our beloved Jack Jeffery following our Seniors League fixture at Berkswell and Balsall yesterday, February 12," they added.

"Jack was adding another try to his phenomenal record and during the act and subsequent challenge of scoring he was injured. He was taken to Walgrave Hospital where he tragically lost his fight.  A more committed, loyal 'Clubman' is hard to find. He would often return from London for training and was always at the heart of club activities.  He served his club, his teammates and the county with distinction and provided much satisfaction to the club supporters in knowing exactly where the whitewash was.  As a club, we have been overwhelmed by the messages of support and goodwill from the rugby community. Jack was calm, respected and highly thought of.  Our club and community have lost such a bright light."

Worcester Warriors shared their condolences, with their tribute reading: "The thoughts of all at Sixways are with the family, friends and team-mates of Evesham RFC player Jack Jeffery who tragically lost his life after yesterday's match at Berkswell and Balsall."

The Rugby Football Union then tweeted: "On behalf of everyone at the RFU, we extend our heartfelt sympathies to the family and friends of Jack Jeffery who tragically died yesterday. The thoughts of everyone in the game are with @EveshamRFC, their players, members and the wider rugby community."

London Wasps star Stooke also posted on Sunday: "Thoughts are with the family of jack Jeffery and everyone @EveshamRFC this morning. An old school colleague and team mate of mine."

He was followed by Leicester Tigers fly-half Burns, who said: "So sad to hear about the passing of Jack Jeffery. A young rugby player who sadly lost his life whilst playing the sport we all love. My thoughts are with his family, friends and everyone @EveshamRFC #RIP."

And the North Midlands RFU wrote: "It is with immeasurable sadness that we have to report the tragic loss of North Midlands player Jack Jeffery from Evesham Rugby Club yesterday 12th February 2022. The whole of North Mids sends their sincere condolences to all those who knew Jack and affected by this tragic loss."


Meghan Markle 'really upset' Kate Middleton in 'foot-stamping rant', author claims

Royal author Tom Quinn described an alleged incident where Meghan Markle felt she was not being treated with the same respect as Kate Middleton while she and Prince Harry lived at Kensington Palace

By Dimitris Kouimtsidis

19:53, 11 Feb 2022Updated21:43, 11 Feb 2022

Meghan Markle's treatment of one of Kate Middleton's staffers during a “foot-stamping rant” at Kensington Palace left the Duchess “really upset”, a royal author has claimed.  Tom Quinn, author of Kensington Palace: An Intimate Memoir from Queen Mary to Meghan Markle, has claimed palace insiders told him about an incident when Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, “lost her temper” at a staffer.  Speaking to the Daily Star, Quinn described an alleged incident where Meghan felt she was not being treated with the same respect as Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, while she and husband Prince Harry lived at the Palace.  "Meghan and Harry were living in what's called Nottingham Cottage and it's probably the only bit that you genuinely really could say, is actually quite small,” Quinn said.

"And so, I think that reminded Meghan that she was, as it were, second place or as the runner-up.  So, when Harry and Will got together and sometimes Meghan and Kate as well because there was this tension occasionally, famously Meghan slightly lost her temper with a member of Kate's staff in front of Kate.  And it was that incident, that I was told by someone who was actually there, who said it was really uncomfortable because Meghan just lost it with this person.  The reason she lost it with Kate's member of staff was that she, Meghan, didn't feel that this person was giving her the sort of attention she deserved.  It was almost as if in that one encounter, it encapsulated for Meghan the problem that she had, that she's a Princess and she's number two."

He added: "She was very successful, coming into this alien environment where people behave towards you according to where you are in the status of who becomes King or Queen next, that's just alien to her.  The way it was described to me was, there were raised voices and foot-stamping."

It is further claimed that the incident left Kate feeling "really upset".  Mr Quinn continued: "Meghan asked this person, I know who it was, but I can't say because it will give away my source, who works for Kate who was basically asked to do something by Meghan and said, 'I'm really sorry I can't do that because I work for Kate'.  And Meghan really felt she had been slightly put in her place because if you become a Princess, you kind of assume that staff when you ask them to do something, they are going to do it."

He added: "She (Kate) was horrified, she was really upset because she's very fond of this particular member of staff and she thought that Meghan almost bowling out this person was just completely unacceptable.  She's very sensitive about not being treated with the same respect that she feels Kate is, so can react badly and doesn't take it lying down."

The Duchess of Sussex has been contacted for comment.


2nd January
Details of Essex's unsolved murders dating back 60 years
By Rebecca Creed @Becky_Creed Digital Audience and Content Editor

MULTIPLE murder cases remain unsolved across Essex after many years of investigations.  The lack of closure for families when losing a loved one in such tragic circumstances can be just as devastating as losing them.  Both Essex Police and Suffolk Police say cases are never closed and they are regularly reviewed with the hope of bringing the culprits to justice.  Today we look at some of the unsolved murder cases which still hang over loved ones’ heads.  Anyone wanting to give information on an unsolved case can call 101.  If people are concerned about their safety in reporting crime, they can share information anonymously with the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or

Mary Kriek

Mary Kriek a Dutch au pair was killed in January 1958 after getting off a bus at Foxes Corner in Eight Ash Green at 10.45pm.  The 19-year-old never made the 300 yard walk to her home in Bullbanks Farm and was found dead by a cyclist a 20 minute drive away in Dedham Road near Boxted having been beaten over the head with a tyre lever.  No one has ever been convicted in connection with her death.

Linda Smith

Linda Smith, who lived in Foundry Lane, Earls Colne, was found four days after she disappeared while running an errand on Monday, January 16, 1961. Her body was discovered in a ditch in Hadleigh Heath, Polstead, Suffolk about 12 miles from her village.  Detectives believe the tragic youngster, who was aged 12, had been strangled with her own school scarf.  Linda was killed after leaving her great aunt’s house in Earls Colne to go to the newsagents. She did the errand most days and it would normally take about 15 minutes.  She was seen by a number of people as she made her way down Burrows Road. Linda was also seen looking through the newsagent’s window, but didn’t go into the shop.  Minutes later she had crossed the road and was chatting to a local cobbler.  Although there were many people in the High Street, Linda was not seen alive again.

Ivy Davies

The house was ransacked and a ligature left around her neck, although it was not the cause of death.  The murder weapon, a metal pry bar, was found near her body. No-one has ever been charged with her murder.  Two men were initially questioned on suspicion of carrying out the 1975 murder shortly after her death, but they were never charged.  They remained the prime suspects for more than 30 years until the case took an unexpected turn in 2006 when detectives arrested a third man, aged 68 from Basildon, on suspicion of murder.  He too was later released without charge.

Alison Morris

The trainee teacher, aged 25, was stabbed multiple times in Ramsey as she walked down a footpath to the River Stour, 250 yards from her home in Wrabness Road on September 1, 1979.  The case remains unsolved.  Essex Police did consider whether Peter Sutcliffe may be a possible suspect, however he was ruled out for a number of reasons including his involvement in a crime in Bradford on the same day.

Diane Jones

Diane was the 35-year-old wife of a doctor living in Coggeshall.  On July 23, 1983 the couple went for a drink at their local public house, leaving at about 11 pm to drive to their home.  Diane was last seen at the front gate to their house, having got out of the car whilst her husband parked it.  She was not reported missing until nine days after this event, at which time Essex Police commenced enquiries.  On October 22, 1983, some three months after she was last seen, Diane’s body was discovered in a copse adjacent to the A1093 road at Martlesham, Suffolk.  Mrs Jones, who was two months pregnant, had multiple skull fractures.  Police believed she had been battered with a spiked hammer shortly after she went missing, but the weapon was not found.  Extensive enquiries were made in Suffolk and Essex at the time and the investigation continued in the years since as further pieces of information came to light.  But to date, Diane’s killer has not been brought to justice.

John Marshall

The execution-style murder of Billericay car dealer John Marshall re-mains a mystery as the £5,000 cash he took with him the day he disappeared was left un-touched by his murderers.  The 34-year-old left his home at 10am on May 15, 1996, to finalise a business deal in Kent.  Although his black Range Rover was seen crossing the Queen Elizabeth II bridge at noon, he failed to return home or keep any other appointments that day.  A devoted family man, his disappearance was completely out of character and devastating for his wife Toni and their three children.  Seven days later, on May 22, an officer found Mr Marshall's body under straw in the unlocked boot of his Range Rover, parked in Sydenham, South London.  He had been shot twice in the head and chest, but not with a shotgun.  The Range Rover keys, a grey Head sports bag, two mobile phones and a Patek Philippe 18ct gold watch with a blue face were missing.

Ronald Fuller

 Ronald Fuller was found bleeding to death on his front doorstep after he was gunned down by a motorcyclist.  The painter and decorator was shot several times as he left his house in Parkside, Grays, at 7.45am on August 29, 2000.  The murder was carried out by a lone motorcyclist, who sped off towards the old A13 via King Edward Drive on a modern, step-through motor scooter displaying L plates.  The year before his death, Mr Fuller had been working as a doorman at Epping Forest Country Club and had been arrested for public order offences following the stabbing of Darren Pearman.  Charges were later dropped and police say there is no apparent link between the incidents.

Andrea Daly

Andrea, 40, died of smoke inhalation in the blaze, which broke out at her mid-terrace house in Rochford Road, on November 10, 2005.  Andrea's sons, aged 17 and 20 at the time, jumped from a first-floor bedroom window.  But Andrea became trapped in her bedroom and died as a result of inhaling smoke.  Extensive enquiries have been carried out to try and find those responsible. But despite these efforts, they remain at large and their motives for starting the fire are unknown.  A further appeal for information was made in 2015, on the tenth anniversary of her death, and again in 2017. The killer has still not come forward or been found.

Paul Duckenfield

 Paul Duckenfield, who lived with his wife and two children in Portugal, was 41 when he was last seen alive arriving at Stansted airport on Monday, September 15 2008.  He regularly returned to the UK on business flying from the continent to Stansted or East Midlands and was believed to be involved in dealing steroids used by bodybuilders and athletes.  Mr Duckenfield is believed to have visited gyms and leisure facilities when he visited the Great Saling and Braintree areas.  On the day he was last seen he was picked up from the airport by a business partner he had known for several years.  The last independent sighting of Mr Duckenfield was in the evening of September 15, 2008 at the Palm Trees restaurant in Great Saling.  He had planned to return home to his family on September 19 or 20 by flying from East Midlands Airport to Faro but did not make the flight and has never been seen or heard from since.  Despite the fact Mr Duckenfield's body has never been recovered, detectives believe he was murdered in the Essex area on or around September 16.

Albert Williams

Albert Williams, 67, was found dead in his small flat in Cedar Close, Southend, on August 8, 2015.  Mr Williams had been stamped on, strangled and set on fire.  Two men Simon Smith, of no fixed address; and Anthony Smith, of Ceylon Road, Westcliff were cleared of his murder in December 2016.  However, they were jailed for eight-and-a-half-years each for a violent burglary at his home seven days before his death.  They were said to have exploited his vulnerabilities and targeted him because of it, kicking and punching him taking a box containing £2,000.

Ladi Benson

Shop owner Ladi Benson, 27, was stabbed to death in Chelmsford in November 2015. He was from Westcliff.  The father-of-two ran a shoe and clothes shop called Numero 88, based in Princes Street.  An inquest held into his death in 2016 heard his friends have refused to cooperate with the police.  As a result, they have not been able to follow lines of enquiry and his killer has never been identified.


Son of Irish singer Bridie Gallagher remembers 'The Girl from Donegal' on tenth anniversary of her death
Bridie Gallagher was Ireland's first international pop star (PICS: Jim Livingstone)

BY: Fiona Audley
January 05, 2022

SINGER Bridie Gallagher is widely recognised as Ireland’s first international pop star.  Born in Donegal on September 7, 1924, she would go on to carve a 50-year career in the music industry which was her selling out concerts across the world.  From small halls across Ireland to huge audiences at the likes of the London Palladium, Royal Albert Hall, the Lincoln Centre in New York and Sydney Opera House, she was one of the first Irish singers to truly go global.  She is also credited with bringing glamour to showbusiness in 1950s Ireland, while giving a new lease of life to otherwise forgotten Irish ballads.  She sold millions of records and her rise to fame in the mid 1950s was marked by enormous crowds wherever she appeared, winning the hearts of legions of fans in Ireland and overseas.  But she wasn’t only a successful showbiz personality, she was also a wife and mother.  Bridie left Donegal for Belfast in 1948 where she met Bob Livingstone who she would marry and have two children with.  Her son Jim Livingstone, now 69, was born in 1952.  A second son, Peter, followed in 1955.  He sadly died in a road accident in 1976, aged 21.  That was an incident which broke his mother’s heart, according to her surviving son Jim Livingstone, a trained psychologist who worked in the civil service in Ireland for 43 years before retiring in 2012.  Bridie Gallagher died on January 9, 2012 which prompted him to write a book documenting her fascinating life.  This week, as the tenth anniversary of her death falls, Mr Livingstone, a father-of-four who lives in Belfast with his wife Paula, told The Irish Post how they would be marking the day.

Your mother had a remarkable career, you must be very proud as a family?

I and my family are immensely proud of her as a mother, grandmother and performer.  She achieved so much in a short time during her career that few Irish artists before her had done previously.  She has been described as Ireland’s first international pop star, although I think if she were alive today, she would laugh heartily at that description.  Indeed, many who met her or knew her will recall her infectious and hearty laugh.

How will you be marking your mother’s anniversary?

Probably the same as every year, with an anniversary Mass (both in Donegal and Belfast), chats with old friends of hers who regularly make contact and listening to some of my favourite tracks from her albums Cuttin’ the Corn in Creeslough and Kylemore Pass being my usual choices.

What was it like growing up with a mother widely deemed Ireland’s first international pop star?

As young children we were largely unaware that we had a famous mum.  She was away a lot certainly. But when she returned from tours, she rarely talked much to us about where she had been or the famous people she met (Par Boone, Ginger Rodgers, Mary Reeves, etc).  She was more likely to be checking on whether our homeworks were up to standard, our piano practice was on schedule, and that we had been behaving at school and locally.  She was a fastidious mum, always insisting we were washed and suitably dressed wherever we went, and particularly keen on good manners.  We were used to lots of visitors to our house, mainly other artists, show dancers, producers, managers. We just thought it was normal.  As teenagers we became more aware of her stardom and spent many exciting nights backstage at some fantastic venues in Ireland and Britain.  In my 20’s I started touring with her as her musical accompanist during my holidays from university.  That’s when I saw up close the adulation and love that Irish people around the world had for the Girl From Donegal.

What are your fondest memories of your mother?

Many of course are included in my book Bridie Gallagher The Girl from Donegal, but my special memories include firstly that day in July 2000 when the people of Creeslough and Donegal paid tribute to her led by Daniel O’Donnell and Margo and she unveiled the sign that still welcomes visitors to Creeslough “Welcome to Creeslough, the home of Bridie Gallagher, the Girl From Donegal”.  Secondly, six months after the untimely death of my brother Peter in a road accident, I stood behind her on stage in the Ardri Ballroom in Manchester and watched as she sang tearfully on stage for the first time since the tragedy that broke her heart, and I was overwhelmed at her courage.  And thirdly, in later life when she was retired, watching her play with, and endlessly spoil, my son Peter, her only grandson who she adored.  And the pride and joy in her eyes when she saw her three granddaughters especially when they played their music.

What would you say is your mother’s greatest legacy?

Her legacy in terms of performing includes the fact that she brought popularity back for Irish ballads.  Anyone listening to radio in the early 50s, including in Ireland, would rarely hear Irish ballads performed.  Bridie brought them back to popularity. She became especially important to Irish immigrants around the world.  She was one of the first Irish artists to travel and perform internationally and so gained a solid following in the Irish diaspora which has remained to this day.  Thirdly, she brought glamour to Irish showbusiness.  She was well known for her beautiful dresses and added a sparkle to peoples’ lives in difficult times.

Fun, Games And Silliness / Re: Keep A Word, Drop A Word, Add A Word
« on: January 19, 2022, 12:12:29 PM »
cheese omelette

Fun, Games And Silliness / Re: Word Association
« on: January 19, 2022, 12:10:52 PM »


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11