Author Topic: Tyson Fury's five children won't go to school beyond the age of 11  (Read 1695 times)

Cocopops

• View Profile
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-furys-five-children-wont-21534001?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Mirror12at31&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter

Tyson Fury's five children won't go to school beyond the age of 11

Fury has five children with wife Paris including three sons named Prince but their parents are at odds about their education

By Martin Domin Editor, Mirror Fighting
17:00, 20 FEB 2020

Tyson Fury wants his children to stay in school - but his wife Paris insists they will leave at the age of 11.  The couple has five kids including three sons named Prince - all under the age of 10 but is at odds over how they will bring them up.  Both Tyson and Paris are Travellers and were not educated in the traditional manner.  The children's father wants them to stay in school, but Paris wants them to be taught at home and to remain under her roof until they marry.  In the second part of Fury's documentary, the family are out having lunch when the debate starts.  "I and Tyson have talked about the kids going to school," says Paris. "Tyson wants the boys to go into education but I don't; it's just not what we've ever done.  I was brought up as a Traveller and I want my kids to be brought up as Travellers. They will probably leave school at 11 ad they'll be educated at home from then.  The boys will take a wife and make their family and the girls will take a husband and make their family. Until they take a husband or wife they won't be leaving the home and I wouldn't want them to, but for definite [eldest daughter] Venezuela won't be.  Tyson's idea is they have the best of both worlds; the upbringing of a Traveller but the education of a non-Traveller - how powerful could you be?"

But Fury wants his children to follow in his footsteps and break the mould.  "You say it's something we've never done but I'm a precedent setter, am I not? Now I've set these laws and precedents, you watch how many will follow," he says.

"The parents of these kids, I call them to dream killers. Just because something went wrong in their life you can't pawn it off on your kids.  Whatever all of the kids want to do, I'll just be happy they're following their dreams because I hate dream killers.  Who is anyone to tell anyone they can't do anything. Unless you've tried and failed a million times you won't know you can't do it."